Effective Date: June 30, 2016
Information We Collect:
If you choose to use the Website to order products or services, we may require you to provide contact and identity information, payment information and other information. The information that we gather from you through the Website enables us to provide, maintain and improve the Website, personalize your experience, process your requests, and process the requests of others, and includes the following information:
- Personal Information that you provide to us or otherwise disclose or post in connection with the Website, which may include the following:
- Your name, address, country, phone number, email address, mobile device information and credit card information and preferences;
- Any information that you make public, including photographs, videos and other content; and
- Communications and other messages, including correspondence between Olive & Cocoa and you.
- Non-personally identifiable information that we gather on the Website, including your IP address, computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website and individual pages on the Website and data that we may collect through cookies or other means. You can take steps to disable cookies on your browser; however, this may affect your ability to use the Website.
Our Use and Disclosure of Your Information:
We occasionally share portions of our mailing list with carefully selected companies. If you do not wish your mailing address to be shared, or do not wish to receive our catalogs or emails, please contact us by phone, email or mail. You may also click on the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of any email we send.
We may use your Personal Information to:
- provide you with products and services;
- resolve disputes, calculate and collect fees and troubleshoot problems;
- verify users’ identity and the information users provide;
- encourage a safe online experience and enforce our policies;
- customize the Website, analyze usage of the Website, improve and measure interest in our products and services and inform users about products and services;
- provide users with information that may affect their use of the Website and our products and services;
- communicate marketing and promotional offers;
- provide customer service; and
- perform other business activities.
From time to time, we may implement solutions designed to more efficiently capture your communications preferences. In any such event, we will strive to reflect any previously stated communicated preferences within such solutions.
We may share, and you hereby consent to our sharing, Personal Information with the following:
- Companies and organizations carefully selected by Olive & Cocoa to receive portions of Olive & Cocoa’s mailing list.
- Corporate affiliates to help coordinate providing our products and services.
- Service providers and others who help with our business operations and assist in the delivery of our products and services. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following: maintaining servers, sending email, removing repetitive information from user lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, reviewing content, providing customer service and transporting and delivering products.
- Third parties if we believe that disclosure is advisable or necessary to comply with the law, to enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Olive & Cocoa, our employees, our users or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Persons or entities with whom you consent to have your Personal Information shared. For instance, when you request information, services or products from us, from our affiliates or a third party through us, or when you post information to the Website, you provide your consent for us to share that information with others. Please note that whenever you post information on or through the Website, you are giving us your consent to share that information with third parties.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information:
If you have an account on the Website, you may access, review and change your information at any time. You may also contact us at email@example.com to request and review any Personal Information we store about you that is not available on the Website. There may be a charge associated with such requests.
We may delete Personal Information when we no longer need it. Any information that you have made public may continue to be displayed unless you remove it. Additionally, we may retain Personal Information as permitted by law to resolve disputes and enforce our policies.
Your Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. It is your responsibility to keep your account and Personal Information safe and secure by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
To prevent unauthorized access, promote data security, and encourage appropriate use of information, we use a variety of tools to assist in the protection of your information. You should note, however, that “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. You should not expect that your Personal Information will remain private.
Policy Toward Children
Olive & Cocoa is concerned about the safety and privacy of children who use the Internet. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we will never knowingly request Personal Information from anyone less than 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If you become aware that your child under 13 years of age has provided us with Personal Information without prior verifiable parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our files.
Questions or Concerns: If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at the Website, please send a detailed message to email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.